al fresco seating
To ensure the safety of both you and our staff, we are adhering to the following guidelines:
- Wine by the glass service is outside. We have picnic tables under a tent and chairs on our lawn. You may also bring your own chairs or blankets. Please be mindful of the weather when you prepare your trip.
- Per state law, no outside alcohol is allowed on our premises.
- Guests must wear a mask in all common areas; they may be removed once seated.
- We ask you follow all directional and traffic flow signs.
- Social distancing (six feet) between groups must be observed.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Our hosts will be on hand to direct you, take your order, and answer any questions you may have.
- The maximum group size we can accommodate is six (6).
- Please do not come to the winery if you are displaying signs of COVID-19 or another contagious disease or if you have been exposed. If you are exhibiting these signs, we will ask you to leave.
- Dogs are welcome in our outside area but need to be leashed and stay six feet from other parties.
- We will be observing all New York state mandates regarding COVID-19 safety measures.
We look forward to seeing you at the winery and appreciate your patience as we navigate the long-awaited and much-anticipated reopening.
We are offering $10 ground shipping on case purchases. Quantity and club discounts apply.
Mon - Sun, 10am to 5pm
If you are local and would like to pick up your wine, order online and choose the "Pickup" option at checkout. When you arrive, park in the marked space and call (607) 546-8463 to let us know you’ve arrived. We'll bring your wine out to you and load it in your vehicle.
Order wine by noon Monday through Friday for same-day delivery. Call us at (607) 546-8463 or place an order online and select the "Local Delivery" shipping option. There is a six bottle minimum and a twenty-five-mile radius delivery limit.
ATWATER WINE CLUB
To make sure you always have wine on hand, you can also join our Atwater’s Edge Wine Club which provides you with the finest selection of wines, including exclusive, early release, and library vintages at a member discount, shipped quarterly. With three levels of membership, we are confident you will find a club level that meets your needs.
We have missed seeing visitors in our tasting room during the NY on Pause order! Our region of New York is now allowed to open with Phase 1 businesses. As we are in the Phase 3 category, the earliest we can open is June 12.
For the continued safety of visitors and staff, we will observe social distancing measures and open in stages, first scheduling tastings by appointment only to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum occupancy of our facility.
Because many scheduled events would exceed social distancing guidelines, we have had to canceled or postpone them. While we are disappointed we can’t host these experiences for you, we look forward to resuming our regular programming as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we are offering online tastings. Please visit our online calendar to keep abreast of our exciting virtual events.
When we can officially “UNPAUSE,” we will provide information about making reservations in an email alert as well as on our website and social media channels.
Statement on Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Atwater Estate Vineyards is closely monitoring developments related to Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) while following recommendations of public health officials and guidance from the CDC. While we have no plans to change our hours or cancel any events at this time, our first and most important priority is the safety of our guests and employees.
Steps we are taking
Our tasting room capacity will be reduced 50% per Governor Cuomo’s directive. While we have always diligently sanitized all our customer and work areas, we will be giving this even more attention by cleaning all surfaces, particularly high-touch areas, with disinfecting wipes and other standard cleaners before, during, and after business hours.
- We will make hand hygiene supplies and tissues readily accessible throughout the workplace to staff and customers.
- We will ensure our staff is frequently washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- The food service industry is heavily regulated by health officials and has strict protocols in place for food handling that we observe for your safety while preparing cheese and charcuterie boards.
- Our tasting staff will be vigilant in monitoring and reporting any virus-related symptoms, should those occur, and will stay home if they feel sick.
What to consider before visiting
- During your visit, we recommend:
- Avoiding unnecessary contact with other people, including hand shaking.
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth when possible.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue if available or into your elbow.
- If you are showing any signs of sickness, particularly fever or respiratory symptoms, please refrain from visiting.
We also understand that you might not want to venture from home in this environment. In that case, we can ship wine directly to you as long as you live in a state where we are licensed.